In addition to MEDICARE, we also accept:
- Attorney Liens
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Care Centrix
- Professional Health Care Network (PHCN)
- United Health Care (UHC)
- Worker’s Compensation
At St. Elizabeth Home Health we are constantly working on expanding our list of accepted insurances and may be able to take yours. Please call us to see if we can or if you wish, check with your insurance provider.
St. Elizabeth Home Health’s expert team can verify your eligibility for Home Health Services.
Generally, Medicare patients requiring home health must have an order by a physician, and include an accompanying statement of homebound status.
When we receive a referral from your physician we will contact your insurance regarding requests, authorizations, determining co-payments and the number of visits they will approve. Once we have received all information, we will contact you with a complete update prior to starting care.
If you have Medicare, you can use your home health benefits if you meet all the following conditions:
- You must be under the care of a doctor, and you must be getting services under a plan of care established and reviewed regularly by a doctor
- You must need, and a doctor must certify that you need, one or more of the following:
- Intermittent skilled nursing care
- Physical therapy
- Speech-language pathology services
- Continued occupational therapy
- The home health agency caring for you must be approved by Medicare (Medicare-certified)
- You must be homebound, and a doctor must certify that you’re homebound. To be homebound means the following:
- Leaving your home isn’t recommended because of your condition
- Your condition keeps you from leaving home without help (such as using a wheelchair or walker, needing special transportation, or getting help from another person)
- Leaving home takes a considerable and taxing effort
- A person may leave home for medical treatment or short, infrequent absences for non-medical reasons, such as attending religious services, getting a haircut or pharmacy/grocery shopping
For additional information, please review the following document at medicare.gov.